Saturday, March 1, 2014



The Journey-Mary Oliver

One day you finally knew
what you had to do, and began,
though the voices around you
kept shouting
their bad advice--
though the whole house
began to tremble
and you felt the old tug
at your ankles.
"Mend my life!"
each voice cried.
But you didn't stop.
You knew what you had to do,
though the wind pried
with its stiff fingers
at the very foundations,
though their melancholy
was terrible.
It was already late
enough, and a wild night,
and the road full of fallen
branches and stones.
But little by little,
as you left their voices behind,
the stars began to burn
through the sheets of clouds,
and there was a new voice
which you slowly
recognized as your own,
that kept you company
as you strode deeper and deeper
into the world,
determined to do
the only thing you could do--
determined to save
the only life you could save.

As I review my 700 or so emails that I can't seem to get down to below 500 anymore due to the volume pouring into my inbox, I see many from women entrepreneurs sharing their newsletters, ezines, business programs, coaching services and tips on marketing, getting noticed, how to find love, juice up my sex life, how to find the tribe I'm meant to serve, or petitions to sign or nonprofit news of some sort.  Lots of words, too many voices.  When do I find time to listen to my Inner Wise Woman's voice?

It's time to BE Still.  Go outside in the winter wind, feel the air, declare my questions to Mother and just BE Still.  The answers are there.  They always are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment